This is what we woke to at 7:30 am on Sunday morning. The Stake President had called to let Kevin know to call all of his auxillaries because there were eight foot snow drifts to the entrance of the Stake Center and covering the doors. Stake conference was cancelled. Yeah!!! A snow day! Don't get me wrong I love Stake Conference, but to spend the day snowed in lying in bed with a cup on hot chocolate was what I perferred. Now this picture is just a small glance at what my back yard looked like. We had 4 foot snow drifts in the back all the way through. It was amazing. I love snow!

Kevin had other ideas, he was going to dig us out! That he did. He was out there for five hours. Not just for our driveway but for the neighbors.

Of course the kids had to get out there for the fun. Spencer built a snow cave.

Dad took a candle and sealed the inside. The boys thought this was the coolest thing ever.
6 comments:
How dang fun is that??? Your kids are going to remember that for life.
I thought that maybe we would get a "snowday" on Sunday too; but no go... We still treched through it and went. The kids played out in the snow from the time we got home until it was dark out though, they loved it!
I can't believe all the snow!! That is crazy.
Nice snowcave!!
it looks so beautiful! So fun! We desert rats are jealous.
Love the snowcave!!
That was crazy huh! I love your pictures and the snow cave looks awesome:)
Chelsea
Post a Comment