Friday, August 21, 2009

Inspired for me...

This quote was by the author of 'The Alchemist', Paulo Coelho:

"I ask myself: are defeats necessary? Well, necessary or not, they happen. When we first begin fighting for our dream, we have no experience and make many mistakes. The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
So why is it so important to live our personal calling if we are only going to suffer more than other people?
Because, once we have overcome the defeats-and we always do-we are filled by a greater sense of euphoria and confidence. In the silence of our hearts, we know that we are proving ourselves worthy of the miracle of life. Each day, each hour, is part of the good fight. We start to live with the enthusiasm and pleasure. "

I feel like this quote was for me. In the last couple of months I have been struggling with something I have no control over and keep falling down when I know I can stand. I will FAIL many times just as long as I get up the eighth, ninth or tenth. Let's just hope it doesn't take that. But if it does..... it will only make me stronger, and more successful at my dream.
This is just the introduction of this book. I'm so excited to read it!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I luv ya! It was fun to see you at Old Navy on Friday!! If you go private, please send me an invite. YOU're the best!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with some "dark clouds" lately! Just know you are loved and keep your chin up and you will get through it! I'm the master at trying to stay up and falling flat on my butt...over and over! Hang in there girl! You are incredibly strong and can overcome anything! Love you!