I am not the first to post this little thought, but I saw it on a blog (Jacy) that a number of my friends have her on her friend list. Jacy if you ever come across my blog, which I'm sure you do, I know you know my mom, sisters, etc. because of Bunco and I think you have the cutest family and life. I hope you don't mind I stole this today, it just touched my heart and lifted me up. I had to share it with my friends and family.
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVERWRITTEN BY THE LATE ERMA BOMBECK AFTER FINDING OUT SHE WAS DYING FROM CANCERI would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren’t there for the day.I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.I would have talked less and listened more.I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.I would have eaten the popcorn in the ‘good’ living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, “Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.” There would have been more “I love you’s” More “I’m sorry’s.”But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute…look at it and really see it. live it and never give it back.
I needed this quote today. I don't know what it is weather or whatever but life needs to change, and I need to step it up. I'm feeling way down in the dumps. Working out, going out, etc. is not helping me get out of this slump. My life is really crazy with my apprenticeship, taking care of the kids, etc. but when it comes to those days I don't have to work, or need to clean, I would rather watch a movie, read a book or just veg. Help. How do I get out of this funk? Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
No Clue but when you figure it out let me know, I have been looking for the same answer for a few months!
That is such a neat quote, and so right on! Focus on the memories and impressions that you leave on the ones you love most and don't worry about what anyone else thinks! If you need a break lets go see a movie (late night)
Kara,
That is such a good quote. It really made me think about my life.
I was just with you a minute ago and you didn't seem bummed out. That makes me sad. You better tell me when you need a boost. Call me and we'll hang out. Let's do lunch ASAP.
Call me!!!! or I'll call you:)
BIG HUGS~
Chelsea
BTW: I took the Jane Austen quiz awhile ago and I was Elizabeth Bennet too!
~Chelsea
You are probably in a funk because you have to much puke in your life, not enough chocolate or not enough xes(thanks Gagandeep)! I would love to go to the temple if that would help. I love you!
Oh Man.. I know the feeling very well, obviously.. from my recent post.
By the way, I tagged you.. Like you have the time to be tagged right now. Ha ha ha! Go to my blog, it might give you something else to think about temporarily.
I love that article by Erma..sometimes it feels like we are just going through the motions and missing the real meaning of life. I was in the same spot a few weeks ago, unfortuantely for me it took a pretty good trial to get me out of my slump.. funny how sometimes life has to be bad for awhile for us to realize just how happy we really are or how much the Lord blesses us.
Post a Comment