Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lazy days of Summer





It's HOT!!! We have been trying to cool off. We have spent alot of our days in the house, No fun! Swimming, Swimming, Swimming. So many complaints of "Mom, i'm bored." That is why i'm so thankful for year round school. My kids only have about 4 weeks left. Or maybe it's 3. I can't imagine them being out of school for 3 months. I don't know what i'd do to keep them busy. We have seen a bunch of summer blockbusters. Transformers was a huge hit with us. We saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoneix on Saturday. It was good. I just don't think I should go into those movies after just reading the book for the 2nd time. I think I expect to much. I am trying to keep my mind off the sale of our house, and turn it to many other things. I just took the kids to the library and we each got four books. That includes me. I just finished reading 'Home to Big Stone Gap' by Adriana Trigiani. I love her books. It was the fourth book to her Big stone Gap trilogy. I'm also 1/2 way through 'Nights of Rain and Stars' by Maeve Binchy. She is an Irish writer. I always enjoy her books. I hope to get the others read befor the due date. Thanks to all of you who commented on my book post. I love to hear of new books to read. Addi has been reading the 'Avatar' books at his reading time, and Spencer is back and forth between Harry Potter, Tony Hawk, and Celtic Fairy tales. That is one I brought back from my mission. It's cute. Tomorrow we head out for our 2nd annual camping trip with the Chapman's. The kids are so excited. Happy Summer everyone. Oh ya, Happy Birthday Kevin! We love you! We are so grateful for all you do for this family. Hope you had a great day.

1 comment:

Chrispy Critter said...

You are such a hot momma! What a beautiful picture! I want a poster of it for my room. I love your guts!